The Save & Exit menu contains the following items:
• Save Changes and Reset: Save changes and then continue with further configuration in the Setup
• Discard Changes and Exit: Discard changes, load previous values, and then exit the Setup Utility
• Load Optimized Defaults: Return to the optimized default settings.
• Save as User Defaults: Save the current settings as user default values.
• Restore User Defaults: Restore the user default values for all the items.
• Pure UEFI OS Optimized Defaults: Enable or disable optimized default settings for the pure UEFI
Setting the system date and time
To set the system date and time in the Setup Utility program, do the following:
1. Start the Setup Utility program. See "Starting the Setup Utility program" on page 51.
2. On the System Information menu, select System Date or System Time.
3. Use the Tab key to switch between data elements and type the numbers from the keyboard to set the
system date and time.
4. Press F10 to save settings and exit the Setup Utility program.
By using the Setup Utility program, you can set a password to prevent unauthorized access to your server.
You do not have to set a password to use your server. However, using a password improves computing
security. If you decide to set a password, read the following topics.
Setup Utility program password types
The following types of passwords are available in the Setup Utility program:
• Administrator password
Setting an administrator password deters unauthorized users from changing configuration settings. If you
are responsible for maintaining the configuration settings of several computers, you might want to set
an administrator password. When an administrator password is set, you are prompted to type a valid
password each time you try to access the Setup Utility program. The Setup Utility program cannot
be accessed until a valid password is typed in.
• User password
When a user password is set, the server cannot be used until a valid password is typed in.
Note: If both the administrator password and user password are set, you can type either password to use
the server. However, you must use your administrator password to change any configuration settings.
For security reasons, it is recommended to use a strong password that cannot be easily compromised.
• The Setup Utility program passwords are not case sensitive.
• The server supports Setup Utility program passwords that consist of three to 32 characters.
To set a strong password, use the following guidelines:
ThinkServer TD350 User Guide and Hardware Maintenance Manual