2. If the server is installed in a rack cabinet, remove the server from the rack cabinet and place it on a flat,
clean, and static-protective surface. See the Rack Installation Instructions that comes with the server. If
the server is in tower form factor, lay the server on its side for easier operation.
3. Remove the server cover. See "Removing the server cover" on page 66.
4. Locate the AnyRAID adapter. See "Server components" on page 25.
5. Remove any parts and disconnect any cables that might impede your operation.
6. Press the two release tabs
Note: If necessary, you can remove the AnyRAID adapter first before removing the flash module. Then,
reinstall the AnyRAID adapter. See "Replacing the AnyRAID adapter or the pass-through board" on
Figure 58. Removing the flash module
7. Reinstall any parts and reconnect any cables that you have removed.
8. If you are instructed to return the old flash module, follow all packaging instructions and use any
packaging materials that are supplied to you for shipping.
What to do next:
• To work with another piece of hardware, go to the appropriate section.
• To complete the removal procedure, go to "Completing the parts replacement" on page 164.
Installing or removing the ThinkServer System Manager Premium
The ThinkServer System Manager Premium (hereinafter referred to as the TSM Premium) offers convenient,
remote KVM access and control through the LAN or Internet. You can use the TSM Premium to
gain location-independent remote access to respond to critical incidents and to undertake necessary
maintenance. Therefore, working as an integrated solution in your server, the TSM Premium provides an
increased level of manageability over the basic server management available. You can purchase a TSM
Premium from the Lenovo Web site at:
Installing the TSM Premium
Attention: Do not open your server or attempt any repair before reading and understanding "Safety information"
on page iii and "Guidelines" on page 63.
Before you begin, print all the related instructions or ensure that you can view the PDF version on another
computer for reference.
and lift the flash module straight up and out of the AnyRAID adapter.