9.2 Corrective Maintenance
1. Mark the components of the bearing units so that they can be assembled correctly.
2. Remove the protective coating from the shaft in front of the Iabyrinth sealing ring.
3. Unscrew the three radially arranged set screws for fixing the ring axially.
4. Screw suitable bolts or screws into the radial threads for pulling off. Note the length of
5. Warm the labyrinth sealing ring as you pull it off.
Installing the labyrinth sealing ring (Page 127)
Assembling the rolling-contact bearings
● Extreme caution and attention to cleanliness are vital to installation. Observe the correct
● Attach all components with the specified tightening torques (Page 151).
1. Remove the required components and replace damaged components.
2. Remove any dirt from the components. Remove any grease and the remains of sealant or
Disassembling the labyrinth sealing ring (schematic diagram)
engagement to avoid clamping to the shaft or damaging the thread.
assembly sequence of the components.
For further information about mounting the roller bearing, please refer to the catalog or the
information provided by the roller bearing manufacturer.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017