Transport and storage (Page 36)
Start-up (Page 87)
Avoidance of condensation or formation of condensation within the machine
● If the controller does not do this automatically, switch on any anti-condensation heating
● Do not switch on the anti-condensation heating for at least two hours after the motor has
If the anti-condensation heating is switched on directly after the machine is switched off, the
temperature class or the maximum surface temperature of the machine can be exceeded.
In an explosive atmosphere, there is a risk of an explosion. This can result in death, serious
injury or material damage.
● Only switch on the anti-condensation heating after the motor has been switched off.
Avoidance of damage to roller bearings during stoppages
Extended stoppages at the identical or almost identical resting position of the roller bearings
can lead to damage such as brinelling or corrosion, for example.
● During stoppages, regularly start the machine up for a brief period once a month. As a
● During re-commissioning, refer to the information in the "Commissioning" section.
Start-up (Page 87)
Greasing the roller bearings prior to commissioning (Page 90)
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017
during stoppages. This will avoid the formation of condensation.
been switched off. This prevents damage to the winding insulation.
Carefully comply with the data on the anti-condensation heating plate.
minimum, rotate the rotor several times.
If you have uncoupled the machine from the driven machine and secured the rotor with a
rotor shipping brace, then remove this before turning the rotor over or starting the machine
Make sure that the resting position of the roller bearings after the rotor has been turned
over is different from what it previously had been. Use the fitted key or the coupling halves
as reference markers.