6.4 Introducing and routing the cables
You can rotate the cable entry through 180°.
Insert the cable into the terminal box
1. Unscrew the cable entry plate.
2. Drill the required number of holes or threads in the required size in the cable entry plate.
3. Fit the required cable glands.
4. Route the cables through the cable glands.
5. Fit the cable entry plate to the terminal box with the assembled cables.
6. Connect the ends of the cables to the terminals in accordance with the circuit diagram. The
Refer to Chapter "Connecting cables ..." for more information.
Drill holes in the cable entry plate
If you drill holes in the cable entry plate for explosion-protected motors, then document the
data about these holes in the motor documentation:
● Number and size of the holes
● Type of thread, e.g. metric or NPT
Data regarding the installation of pipes and accessories is provided in IEC / EN 60079-14.
Certified cable entries, thread adapters and sealing plugs
Use only sealing plugs, cable entries & conductor entries and thread adapters that are certified
and marked for use in the respective hazardous zone.
Cable entry plate versions
cable entry plate drilled with
2 x M80 x 2 + 2 x M25 x 1.5
4 x M80 x 2 + 2 x M25 x 1.5
Onion ring only
Ensure that the cable entry plate can be assembled after drilling and that it features
circuit diagram is located in the cover of the terminal box.
Undrilled (Page 75)
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017