9.2 Corrective Maintenance
If you are installing covers that are sealed with liquid gasket, proceed as follows to maintain
the IP degree of protection of the machine before closing it again:
1. Use only approved liquid sealants.
2. Clean the sealing surfaces according to the technical data sheet of the liquid gasket. The
3. Apply the liquid gasket as a continuous bead with a diameter of approx. 3 mm.
4. Assemble the components after venting the solvent, if necessary while maintaining a
5. Retighten the fixing screws of the cover after a few minutes after the liquid gasket has set.
If you have any questions, contact the Service Center.
Service and Support (Page 149)
Incorrectly repairing the anti-condensation heating
If the anti-condensation heating is not correctly repaired, e.g. if unauthorized or untested
spare parts are used, this can result in explosions during operation in a potentially explosive
atmosphere. This can result in death, serious injury or material damage.
● Only appropriately trained specialists in the Service Center (Page 149) are authorized to
● Only use authorized and tested spare parts.
Screws with preCOTE coating
The motor can partly be fitted with screws with preCOTE coating. To ensure screw locking,
use new screws with preCOTE coating during assembly/repair. As an alternative, use normal
screws with a threadlocker such as Loctite.
To remove or replace the external fan, the fan cowl must be disassembled. The fan cowl is
fixed on the machine enclosure with screws.
sealing surfaces must be clean and dry before reassembly.
restriction on the assembly time.
repair anti-condensation heating systems. The anti-condensation heating must then be
subject to a routine test, which requires extensive specialist knowledge.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017