● When lifting the machine, use only approved and undamaged sling guides and spreaders
● When lifting the machine, refer to the information on the lifting plate.
Transport for a different type of construction
If you do not transport or lift the machine in a position appropriate for its construction, the
machine can tip, slip into the lifting equipment or fall down. This can result in death, serious
injury or material damage.
● Use only the load carrying device on the stator frame for lifting.
● Use the load carrying device appropriate for the machine position.
● Only use suitable rope guiding or spreading devices.
Center of gravity not centered
If the center of gravity of a load is not located centrally between the attachment points, the
machine can tip over or slip out of the lifting equipment and fall when it is being transported
or lifted. This can result in death, serious injury or material damage.
● Comply with the handling instructions on the machine when transporting it.
● Be aware of the possibility of different loads on the sling ropes or lifting straps and the
● Always take account of the center of gravity when transporting or lifting the machine. If
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017
of sufficient rated capacity. Check the lifting equipment prior to its use. The weight of the
machine is shown on the rating plate.
– Comply with the specified spreading angles.
– Do not exceed the maximum lifting acceleration and lifting speed specified on the lifting
plate. Lift the machine without jerking it.
Acceleration a ≤ 0.4 g (≈ 4 m/s
Velocity v ≤ 20 m/min
carrying capacity of the lifting equipment.
the center of gravity is not located centrally between the attachment points, then position
the hoisting hook above the center of gravity.
Preparations for use
4.15 Transport and storage