● Charge transfer limit
● Breakdown voltage ≤ 4 kV for explosion group III (gas and dust)
Suitability test of the paint system for hazardous areas
Proof is available for the electrostatic suitability with explosion-proof machines for the paint
systems ordered by default. Such evidence is not available for paint systems that are non-
standard or specifically requested by customers. Take into consideration that the provided
evidence is not valid for repaintings.
Maintaining terminal boxes
The machine is de-energized.
Checking the terminal box
● Terminal boxes must be regularly checked for tightness, undamaged insulation, and tight
● If dust or humidity have infiltrated the terminal box, this should be cleaned and dried
● Check the insulators, connectors and cable connections in the terminal box.
● Replace the damaged components if necessary.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017
– 60 nC for Group I or Group IIA devices
– 25 nC for Group IIB devices
– 10 nC for Group IIC devices
– 200 nC for Group III devices (values not valid for strongly charge generating processes)
(particularly the insulators).
Check all the seals and sealing surfaces and address the cause of the leakiness.
Damaged components can cause short circuits, possibly resulting in death, serious injuries
and property damage.
Replace damaged components.
9.1 Inspection and maintenance