Observe the following when carrying out any work on the machine:
● Comply with the general safety instructions
● Comply with the applicable national and sector-specific regulations at the place of
● When using the machine within the European Union, comply with the specifications laid
Safety information (Page 15)
Safety guidelines in operation
Terminal boxes accommodate live parts and components. If you open the terminal box cover,
this can result in death, serious injury or material damage.
● When the machine is in operation, the terminal boxes must remain closed at all times.
Rotating and live parts
Rotating or live parts are dangerous. If you remove the required covers, this can result in
death, serious injury or material damage.
● Any covers that prevent live electrical or rotating parts from being touched, ensure
Fire hazard resulting from hot surfaces
Certain parts of the machine become hot during operation. Severe burns can result from
contact with these parts.
● Check the temperature of parts before touching them. If required, apply suitable protective
● Allow the machine to cool before starting work on the machine.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017
down in EN 50110‑1 regarding safe operation of electrical equipment.
Terminal boxes may be opened only when the machine is stopped and de-energized.
compliance with a particular degree of protection or are required for ensuring proper air
flows, and hence effective cooling, must not be opened during operation.