6.1 Basic rules
The following generally applies to electrical connections:
● Ensure that there is a safe and reliable PE ground connection before starting any work.
● The connecting cables can be sealed and secured at every cable entry point into the
● Lay the connecting cables and in particular the PE conductor in the terminal box in an open
● Connect the machine in such a way that a permanent, safe electrical connection is
● Lay and secure external auxiliary cables separately from the main cable. Elements with
● In case of high humidity or when installed outside, water drops can move along the cable
Depending on the version, different terminal boxes may be installed on the machine.
Depending on the terminal box, different cable entries and options for the cable connection
are possible. You can identify the terminal box installed on the machine via the illustrations in
the following chapters.
Terminal box 1XB1621 (Page 69)
arrangement so that chafing of the cable insulation is prevented.
maintained. Avoid protruding wire ends.
cable ties may be present for this purpose.
jacket and enter the motor through the cable entry and cable gland.
If you route the cable with an appropriate loop then water doesn't enter the terminal box,
but simply drips off.
Water drip loop
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017