Preparations for use
4.15 Transport and storage
Transporting the machine set
Falling down of the machine
The lifting lugs on the machine are designed only for the weight of the machine. If a machine
set is lifted and transported on a single machine, this can lead to mechanical failure of the
lifting lug. The machine or machine set may fall. This can result in death, serious injury or
● Do not lift machine sets by attaching lifting tackle to the individual machines.
● Use only the equipment provided, e.g. the openings or lugs on the base plates, for
Place the machine in a secure and raised position
In order to obtain easy and safe access to the underside of the machine, place it in a secure
and raised position.
Standing under suspended loads
If the lifting gear or load handling attachments were to fail, the machine could fall. This can
result in death, serious injury or material damage.
● Never remain under or in the immediate vicinity of the machine when it is raised.
You must correctly store the machine if you do not install and use it after it has been delivered.
Bearing seizure damage if incorrectly stored
If storage conditions are inappropriate there is a risk of bearing seizure damage. Resulting
damage can include scoring (brinelling) and corrosion.
● Follow the storage guidelines.
Preconditions and preparations
● Only store goods in undamaged packaging. Unpack the goods if the packaging is damaged.
● Repair any damage to the packaging before putting the equipment into storage insofar as
transporting machine sets. Note the maximum capacity of the lifting lug.
Correctly store the goods corresponding to the type.
this is necessary to ensure proper storage conditions.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017