Preparations for use
4.15 Transport and storage
Securing the rotor
Depending on the version, the machine is fitted with a rotor shipping brace. This protects the
bearings against damage due to shock and vibration during transport or storage.
Vibration and shock during transport
Not using the rotor shipping brace can cause damage to the machine if it is jolted during
transport. Material damage can result.
● If the machine is fitted with a rotor shipping brace, this should always be used when
● Only remove it before pulling on the output element.
● For machines with a vertical type of construction:
transporting the machine. The rotor shipping brace must be attached during the transport.
– Do not remove the rotor shipping brace until the machine is in a vertical position.
– If a machine has to be transported in a horizontal position, the rotor must be fixed in
position before the machine is turned onto its side. Vertical machines can be supplied
in the horizontal position from the manufacturing plant.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017