1. Secure the fan cowl against falling before you start working.
2. Loosen the fixing screws that secure the fan cowl on the enclosure.
3. Observe existing retaining components and retain them for the reassembly.
Proceed in the reverse order to assemble the fan cowl.
1. Position the fan cowl and tighten the fixing screws.
2. Ensure that the retaining components are undamaged and correctly installed.
External fan made of metal
External metal fans have a keyway connection and are prevented from axially shifting using
a locking ring.
1. The external fan
2. Use a suitable device to pull off the external fan.
3. Avoid using a hammer.
4. Secure the parallel key from falling out or remove it.
1. Remove the parallel key lock or insert it in the keyway.
2. Check the correct seating.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017
is fixed on the shaft with a locking ring
Pliers according to DIN 5254 should preferably be used for this purpose.
Ventilation (schematic diagram with axial fan)
9.2 Corrective Maintenance
. Remove the locking ring.