3. Fasten the cable lug to the end of the conductor correctly, e.g. by squeezing.
4. Insulate the cable lug sleeves where necessary to ensure minimum air clearances and the
5. Place the cable lug on the terminal support. If you are using a disconnecting link, check its
6. Tighten the fixing element
Explosion hazard if cable lugs without side guards are used
For cable cross-sections under 70 mm
minimum air clearances may be underrun and cause an explosion.
This can result in death, serious injury, or material damage.
● For cable cross-sections under 70 mm
● Make sure that the minimum air clearances (Page 83) are observed.
Connection without cable lugs
Lug terminal connections - which are suitable for connecting flexible and stranded conductors
without the use of wire end ferrules - may be installed if ordered accordingly. If you wish to
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017
Connection with cable lug and fixing screw (schematic diagram)
creepage distance are maintained.
For terminal boxes 1XB7740 and 1XB7750, place the cable lug on the busbar.
Fastening screw M12
Fixing screws M16
Fixing nuts M12
with the corresponding tightening torque:
, cable lugs without side guard may twist. The
, use only cable lugs with side guard.
6.4 Introducing and routing the cables