6.4 Introducing and routing the cables
8. Secure the strain relief device.
9. Tighten the clamping screws of the strain relief device so that the cable is clamped as
10.Retighten the clamping screws after 24 hours.
● Lay the cables in accordance with IEC/EN 60364-5-52.
● For fixed cables, use EMC- and Ex-certified cable glands with strain relief. Screw the cable
● For loose cables, use twist-protection cable glands with strain relief.
● Use shielded cables whose shields are conductively connected to a large area of the
● Arrange the exposed connecting cables in the terminal box so that the PE conductor has
● In the case of aluminum connecting bars, insert a steel washer between the cable lug and
● Correctly close and seal threads or holes that are not being used ensuring that the IP degree
Connecting cables with cable lugs
1. Select the cable lugs according to the required cable cross-section and fixing screw or stud
2. Remove the insulation from the conductor ends so that the remaining insulation reaches
necessary, but do not damage the cable insulation. We recommend a torque of 5 Nm.
Clamping screws for the strain relief clip
Tightening the strain relief clip clamping screws too tightly can damage the insulation. This
can cause a voltage flashover. This can result in death, serious injury, or material damage.
● Tighten the strain relief clip clamping screws to the specified torque.
glands into the threaded holes in the entry plate, which can be unscrewed. The cable glands
are not included in the scope of supply.
Comply with the installation and operation conditions specified in the certificate for these
cable glands and check that they have been fully complied with.
terminal box of the motor via EMC cable glands.
excess length and the insulation of the cable strands cannot be damaged.
the connecting bar. This prevents contact corrosion.
of protection is maintained. The IP degree of protection is specified on the rating plate.
Replace the cable glands that are not being used by appropriately certified screw plugs.
size. Information about the maximum cross-section for the respective standard terminal
box design can be found in the catalog.
A sloped/angular arrangement of the supply cables is only permitted provided the required
minimum air clearances are met.
almost up to the cable lug
. Connect only one conductor per cable lug.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017