Minimum air clearances
After proper installation, verify that the minimum air clearances between non-insulated parts
are maintained. Be aware of any protruding wire ends.
Values apply at an installation altitude of up to 2000 m.
When determining the required minimum air clearance, the voltage value in the table may be increased
by a factor of 1.1, so that the rated input voltage range is taken into account during general use.
Finishing connection work
1. Before closing the terminal box, please check that:
2. Close the terminal box with the cover fixing screws, see chapter Tightening torques for
Connecting the auxiliary circuits
Take the following criteria into account when selecting the connecting cables for the auxiliary
● Rated current
● Rated voltage
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017
Minimum air clearance dependent on rms value of the alternating voltage U
Rms value of the alternating voltage V
≤ 500 V
≤ 630 V
≤ 800 V
≤ 1000 V
≤ 1250 V
– The electrical connections in the terminal box have been made in accordance with the
specifications above and tightened with the correct tightening torque.
– The machine is connected in such a way that it rotates in the direction specified.
– The inside of the terminal box is clean and free of any cable debris, dirt and foreign
– All of the seals and sealing surfaces of the terminal box are intact and in a good condition.
– Any unused cable entries are sealed with glued-in ferrous or certified sealing elements.
The sealing elements can only be removed with a tool.
– The connecting cables are laid in an open arrangement, so that the cable insulation
cannot be damaged during operation.
screw and bolt connections (Page 151).
6.5 Connecting the auxiliary circuits
Minimum air clearance