9.2 Corrective Maintenance
Explosion hazard when carrying out repair work
Repairs are only permissible within the scope of the work described in these operating
instructions. Otherwise an explosion can occur in an explosive atmosphere. This can result
in death, serious injury or material damage.
For repairs to go beyond this scope, please contact the Service Center.
Service and Support (Page 149)
When carrying out any work on the machine, observe the general safety instructions
(Page 15) and the specifications contained in EN 50110‑1 regarding safe operation of electrical
Comply with the IEC / EN 60079‑17 standard during all service and maintenance work on the
If the motor has to be transported, please observe the information and instructions in the
"Transport" (Page 36) section.
Prepare servicing work
● The drawings and parts lists do not contain any detailed information about the type and
● Document the type, dimensions and arrangement of the parts so that you will be able to
● Use suitable tools to disassemble the machine.
● Take measures to prevent parts from dropping down before you dismantle them, e.g. by
● The centerings in the shaft extensions have reset threads. Use lifting gear which is suitable
dimensions of fixing elements and components. For this reason, you should establish this
information when dismantling them and make a note of it for the purpose of reassembly.
reassemble the machine to its original state.
replacing fastening elements with extra-long screws, threaded bolts or similar. This ensures
that the part is supported after it is pulled off.
for the rotor weight and direction of loading.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017