If a third-party certification is available for the machine, then carefully comply with the technical
data defined in it and any special conditions.
The certificate must be available before commissioning.
Electrostatic sensitive devices
ESD protective measures
Electronic modules contain components that can be destroyed by electrostatic discharge.
These components can be damaged or destroyed if they are not handled correctly. To protect
equipment against damage, follow the instructions given below.
● Only touch electronic modules if you absolutely have to work on them.
● The body of the person concerned must have been electrostatically discharged and
● Electronic modules should not be brought into contact with electrically insulating materials,
● Always place electrostatic sensitive devices on conductive bases.
● Always pack, store and transport electronic modules or components in conductive
The necessary ESD protective measures for electrostatic sensitive devices are illustrated once
again in the following drawings:
a = conductive floor surfaceb = ESD table
d = ESD overall
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017
grounded immediately before any electronic modules are touched.
– Plastic film
– Plastic parts
– Insulating table supports
– Clothing made of synthetic fibers
packaging, such as:
– Metallized plastic or metal containers
– Conductive foam material
– Domestic aluminum foil
e = ESD wristband
2.6 Electrostatic sensitive devices
c = ESD shoes
f = cabinet ground connection