7.2 Converter operation
● Check that the machine cooling is available for commissioning.
● The grounding and equipotential bonding connections have been made correctly.
● The machine is connected so that it rotates in the direction specified.
● Appropriately configured control and speed monitoring functions ensure that the motor
● The minimum insulation resistance values are within tolerance.
● Minimum air clearances have been maintained.
● Any supplementary motor monitoring devices and equipment have been correctly
● All brakes and backstops are operating correctly.
● At the monitoring devices, the values for "Warning" and "Shutdown" are set.
Set values for monitoring the winding temperature (Page 91)
Setpoint values for monitoring the bearing temperature (Page 91)
The following chapter is relevant only to machines of series 1PQ8 or if the machine was ordered
for operation on the rectifier.
The order number shows whether the machine was ordered for operation with converter: the
9th digit of the order number features the letter "P" or "Q".
● If the design of the motor requires connection to a particular converter type, the rating plate
● The converter is correctly parameterized. The parameterization data is specified on the
cannot exceed the permissible speeds specified in the technical data. For this purpose,
compare the data on the rating plate or, if necessary, the system-specific documentation.
connected and are functioning correctly.
will contain corresponding additional information.
rating plate of the machine. Information about the parameters is available in the operating
instructions for the converter.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017