9.2 Corrective Maintenance
Uninstalling roller-contact bearings
● Remove any grease feeders, shock pulse measurement equipment and possibly mounted
● Remove the coupling on the drive end or make the shaft extension freely accessible.
● At the NDE, proceed as follows:
For a schematic diagram of the respective component layout, see the chapter "Spare parts
1. Remove the bearing mounting components.
2. Pull off the roller bearing together with the grease slinger.
instrumentation at the DE and NDE.
– First, uninstall the fan cowl or external fan cowl.
Fan cowl (Page 118)
External fan cowl
– Remove the external fan.
External fan made of metal (Page 119)
External fan made of plastic (Page 120)
– Remove the outer bearing cover if one is being used.
Remove V ring (Page 123).
Removing the labyrinth sealing ring (Page 123).
– Ensure that the inner bearing cover is no longer attached to the bearing housing or end
– Support the rotor for the removal of bearing housing or end shield.
– If necessary, remove the bearing housing from the end shield.
– Remove the end shield. Depending on the shaft height, roller bearing type and design,
it is either a bearing head version or a bearing housing version.
– Remove the locking ring from the shaft.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017