7.4 Greasing the roller bearings prior to commissioning
The following information is provided regarding the state of the winding insulation:
● Is the winding head insulation conductively contaminated?
● Has the winding insulation absorbed moisture?
As such, you can determine whether the machine needs commissioning or any necessary
measures such as cleaning and/or drying the winding:
● Can the machine be put into operation?
● Must the windings be cleaned or dried?
Detailed information on testing and the limit values can be found here:
"Testing the insulation resistance and polarization index" (Page 51)
Greasing the roller bearings prior to commissioning
The following information assumes that the specified storage conditions have been complied
● Pay attention to the instructions on the lubricant plate.
● Regrease in portions. The shaft must rotate so that the new grease can be distributed in
Regreasing the roller bearings prior to commissioning
● If the period between delivery and commissioning is more than a year and less than four
Regreasing roller bearings before commissioning
You must regrease the roller bearings under the following conditions:
● If the machine has been in storage for more than four years.
● If the machine has not been stored in accordance with the specifications in the "Storage"
1. Remove the bearing, regreasing pipes, grease nipples and the bearing cap.
2. Flush out the old grease.
3. Check the bearings before regreasing. If necessary, install new bearings.
4. Lubricate the bearings and reinstall the bearing components.
– Re-grease the roller bearings with twice the amount of grease specified on the lubricant
– Check the bearing temperature, as far as possible.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017