Preparations for use
4.5 Interlock circuit for anti-condensation heating (option)
Set values for monitoring the winding temperature (Page 91)
Setpoint values for monitoring the bearing temperature (Page 91)
Interlock circuit for anti-condensation heating (option)
If the anti-condensation heating is operated while the machine is running, this can increase
the temperatures inside the machine.
● Install an interlock circuit that switches off the anti-condensation heating once the main
● Only switch on the anti-condensation heating after the machine has been switched off.
Switching off the anti-condensation heating (Page 97)
If the anti-condensation heating is switched on directly after the machine is switched off, the
temperature class or the maximum surface temperature of the machine can be exceeded.
In an explosive atmosphere, there is a risk of an explosion. This can result in death, serious
injury or material damage.
● Only switch on the anti-condensation heating after the motor has been switched off.
Support base for IM B5 construction type
● For machines, type of construction IM B5, provide an additional support foot at the NDE.
● Use an appropriately sized support foot with the appropriate rigidity. The support foot must
● There is a threaded hole M36 at the bottom of the machine where you can attach the support
machine is switched on.
Carefully comply with the data on the anti-condensation heating plate.
The support foot is not included in the scope of supply.
be able to support the total weight of the machine.
The weight of the machine is stated on the rating plate, data on geometry is shown in the
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017