Observe the following when carrying out any work on the machine:
● Comply with the general safety instructions
● Comply with the applicable national and sector-specific regulations at the place of
● When using the machine within the European Union, comply with the specifications laid
Safety information (Page 15)
If you require support when electrically connecting up the machine, please contact the Service
Center (Page 149).
Connected parts can loosen
If you use fixing elements made from the wrong material or apply the wrong tightening torque,
this could impair current transfer or cause connecting parts to become loose. Fastening
elements can work loosely, so that the minimum air clearances are no longer maintained.
Sparking formation may occur, in an explosive atmosphere it can lead to an explosion. This
could result in death, serious injury or material damage to the machine or even in failure,
which could in turn lead indirectly to material failure of the system.
● Tighten the screwed connections to the specified tightening torques.
● Observe any specifications regarding the materials from which fixing elements must be
● When performing servicing, check the fastenings.
Tightening torques for screw and bolt connections (Page 151)
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017
down in EN 50110‑1 regarding safe operation of electrical equipment.