Inserting the cable into the 1XB.. terminal box with ring seal
The following terminal boxes may be equipped with an onion sealing ring.
1XB1621, 1XB1631, 1XB1634
The connecting cable is sealed at the cable entry location using a cut-out sealing insert and
is fastened using a strain relief device.
Bringing cables into the terminal box and connecting them
The terminal box is opened, the cable cut to the correct length and stripped back. Make sure
that no external forces are acting on the cable connection.
1. Remove the top part of the strain relief
2. Cut the seal insert
3. Pull the sealing insert over the end of the cable.
4. Prepare the end of the cable depending on the cable and its use, e. g. with a cable lug.
5. Connect the ends of the cables to the terminals in accordance with the circuit diagram.
6. You might need to use a sleeve made of suitable sealing tape to modify the diameter where
7. Insert the cable with the seal insert in position into the gland opening. Screw the strain relief
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017
Terminal boxes with onion sealing ring
Strain relief device and sealing insert
of the strain relief
. The strain relief device can be located either in the terminal box or
externally. If necessary, switch the direction sense of the strain relief device.
so that its opening is 1 to 3 mm smaller than the diameter of the cable.
The circuit diagram is located in the cover of the terminal box.
Refer to the "Connecting cables..." section for more information.
it passes through the sealing insert. Push the sealing insert onto the prepared sleeve.
device together once the cable is in a concentric position in the gland opening.
6.4 Introducing and routing the cables
Onion sealing ring
and release the fixing screws for the bottom part