Through careful and regular maintenance, inspections, and overhauls you can detect faults at
an early stage and resolve them. This means that you can avoid consequential damage.
Operating conditions and characteristics can vary widely. For this reason, only general
maintenance intervals can be specified here. Maintenance intervals should therefore be
scheduled to suit the local conditions (dirt, starting frequency, load, etc.).
Observe the following when carrying out any work on the machine:
● Comply with the general safety instructions
● Comply with the applicable national and sector-specific regulations at the place of
● When using the machine within the European Union, comply with the specifications laid
Safety information (Page 15)
Please contact the Service Center (Page 149), if you require support with servicing,
maintenance or repair.
Inspection and maintenance
Safety instructions for inspection and maintenance
Rotating and live parts
Electric machines contain live and rotating parts. Fatal or serious injuries and substantial
material damage can occur if maintenance work is performed on the machine when it is not
stopped or not de-energized.
● Perform maintenance work on the machine only when it is stopped. The only operation
● When performing maintenance work, comply with the five safety rules (Page 16).
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017
down in EN 50110‑1 regarding safe operation of electrical equipment.
permissible while the machine is rotating is regreasing the roller bearings.