6.5 Connecting the auxiliary circuits
The connecting cables of the temperature sensors are routed to the main or auxiliary terminal
box, depending on the version. The connection and assignment of the terminals is specified
in the circuit diagram.
Hazard due to electric shock
The installation of the temperature sensors for the winding monitoring with respect to the
winding is implemented according to the requirements for basic insulation. The temperature
sensor connections are located in terminal boxes, safe to touch, and have no protective
separation. This is the reason that in the case of a fault, a hazardous voltage can be present
at the measuring sensor cable. When touched, this can result in death, severe bodily injury
and material damage.
● When connecting the temperature sensor to external temperature monitoring devices,
Terminating the connection work (auxiliary circuit)
1. Before closing the auxiliary terminal box, please check that:
2. Close the auxiliary terminal box using the cover supplied for this purpose. See section
when required, apply additional measures to fully comply with the requirements set out in
IEC 60664-1 or IEC 61800-5-1 "Hazard due to electric shock".
– The cables are connected in accordance with the terminal diagram.
– The cables are freely arranged so that they cannot come into contact with the machine,
and the cable insulation cannot be damaged.
– The inside of the terminal box is clean and free of any cable debris, dirt and foreign
– The cable glands are firmly tightened, are suitable with respect to the degree of
protection, type of cable routing, permissible cable diameter, etc., and have been
mounted in full compliance with specifications and regulations
– The threads in the connection plate are sealed using cable and conductor entries, thread
adapters or sealing plugs that achieve the respective degree of protection.
– Unused cable entries are sealed. The sealing elements are firmly screwed in, and can
only be released using a tool.
– All of the seals/gaskets and sealing surfaces of the terminal box are in good condition
– The screws of all of the screw clamps are fully tightened, even if they are not being used.
"Tightening torques for screw and bolt connections (Page 151)" for the tightening torque of
the fixing bolts for the cover.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017