5.2 Lift the machine to where it will be installed, and position it
Mounting the output elements
The rotor is dynamically balanced. For shaft extensions with featherkeys, the balancing type
is specified using the following coding on the face of the drive end of the shaft:
● "H" means balancing with a half feather key
● "F" means balancing with a whole feather key.
Pushing on the power output elements
● Pulling on:
Balancing type on the drive-end side
– The coupling and/or the output element must be appropriately dimensioned for the
operating case at hand. The balance quality must satisfy the following requirements.
– Comply with the coupling manufacturer's instructions.
– Make sure that the balancing type of the transmission element correctly matches the
type of balance of the rotor.
– Use only ready drilled and balanced transmission elements. Check the hole diameters
and the balancing status before pulling them on. Thoroughly clean the shaft extension.
– Warm up the transmission elements to expand them before pulling them on. Select the
temperature difference for the heating process to suit the coupling diameter, fit and
material. See the coupling manufacturer's instructions.
– Power output elements may only be pushed on or pulled off with the correct equipment.
The output element must be pulled on in one continuous operation using the front thread
holes in the shaft or pulled on by hand.
– Do not strike it with a hammer, as this would damage the bearings.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017