Protecting the environment and preserving its resources are corporate goals of the highest
priority for us. Our worldwide environmental management system to ISO 14001 ensures
compliance with legislation and sets high standards in this regard. Environmentally friendly
design, technical safety and health protection are always firm goals even at the product
Recommendations for the environmentally friendly disposal of the machine and its components
are given in the following section. Be sure to comply with local disposal regulations.
RoHS - restricting the use of certain hazardous substances
In compliance with RoHS ("Restriction of certain Hazardous Substances" ) we replace
substances that are damaging to the environment by those that are not based on state-of-the-
art technology. In doing so, safety in operation and handling will take priority at all times.
When disposing of the machine or of waste that is created during the individual phases of its
life cycle, please observe the statutory requirements applicable in the country of use.
Preparing for disassembly
Disassembly of the machine must be carried out and/or supervised by qualified personnel with
appropriate expert knowledge.
1. Contact a certified waste disposal organization in your vicinity. Clarify what is expected in
2. Follow the five safety rules (Page 16).
3. Disconnect all electrical connections and remove all cables.
4. Remove all liquids such as oil and cooling liquids. Collect the liquids separately and dispose
5. Detach the machine fixings.
6. Transport the machine to a suitable location for disassembly.
SIMOTICS TN Series N-compact 1LA8
Operating Instructions 08/2017
terms of the quality of dismantling the machine and provision of the components.
of them in a professional manner.