Searching and Reviewing While Recording
When the camera is in record pause
mode, you can use record search to
play the tape forwards or backwards to
find the point where you want to start
or resume recording. This is useful
when you want to add a new scene to a
previously used cassette. By using
record search, you can ensure a smooth,
noise-free join between the new scene
and the old one.
1. Press and hold the REC SEARCH + or – button on the camera
while you check the picture in the display.
• The + button plays the recording forwards and the – button plays it
2. Release the button when you find the point where you want to start
• The camera returns to record pause mode.
When the camera is in record pause mode, you can use record review to play back
the last few seconds of your recording and then return automatically to record
pause mode. You can quickly make sure that a scene has recorded properly and
then go on to shoot the next scene, without producing any noise in the picture.
1. Press and release the c (record review) button while you check the
picture in the display.
• The camera rewinds the tape, plays back the last few seconds, and returns to
record pause mode.
• Noise may appear on the screen when you play the tape backwards.