Installing the backup battery
Open the cassette compartment cover.
The cassette compartment will open
automatically. If necessary, close it to
give yourself more room to install the
backup battery. Insert the CR1616 lithium
battery as far as it will go with the + side
facing outwards. Make sure the cassette
compartment is closed and close the
cassette compartment cover.
This backup battery allows the camera to remember the date and time and other
settings when main power source is removed. It has a life span of about a year.
When it needs replacing (or if it has not been installed), the y mark flashes in the
display. Press the old battery and slide it up to remove.
Treat the battery pack with care.
• Keep it away from fire (or it might explode).
• Do not expose the battery pack to temperatures greater than 140°F (60°C).
Do not leave it near a heater, or inside a car in hot weather, for example.
• Do not try to disassemble or modify it.
• Do not drop or knock it.
• Do not get it wet.
• The battery used in this device may present a fire or chemical burn hazard if
mistreated. Do not recharge, disassemble, heat above 212°F (100°C) or
• Replace the battery with a CR1616, made by one of the following companies:
Panasonic, Hitachi Maxell, Sony, Toshiba, Varta, Renata. Use of another
battery may present a risk of fire or explosion.
• Do not pick up the battery using tweezers or other metal tools — this will cause
a short circuit.
• Wipe the battery with a clean, dry cloth to ensure proper contact.
• Keep the battery pack out of reach of children — if it is swallowed, contact a
physician immediately, as the battery case may break down and the battery
fluids damage the stomach and intestines.
• Do not disassemble, heat or immerse the battery in water, to avoid the risk of