• You cannot adjust the exposure without the e mark before E.LOCK in the
display. Push the EXP button so that e appears before E.LOCK. Then you can
adjust the exposure manually.
• The standard exposure level depends on which recording program you have
• Exposure lock is canceled if you change recording programs.
• You cannot use exposure lock or adjustment when the program selector is set to
the [ (Easy Recording) position.
• If you zoom while the exposure is locked, the brightness of the scene may
Set the shutter speed manually to take stable shots of quickly moving subjects.
R E C
1. Make sure the camera is set to the Q (program AE) mode.
2. Open the menu and select CAM.SET UP.
3. Select SHUTTER.
4. Press the SELECT dial in to select the desired shutter speed.
5. Close the menu.
• The camera returns to the auto shutter setting when you slide the program
selector to [ (Easy Recording), or change the recording program.