The tape in the camera:
When using the ELURA2/ELURA2 MC's A/V insert function, only record to
tapes recorded in SP mode with continuously recorded time codes.
If there are non-recorded portions or portions recorded in LP mode on the tape,
recording will stop.
The playback tape:
Use only tapes without non-recorded portions.
If there are non-recorded portions or changes in the recording mode, you may not
be able to insert A/V correctly.
You cannot insert A/V in the following cases:
• The playback tape has been poorly recorded.
• During special playback: fast forward playback, rewind playback or slow
playback etc. (analog only).
You cannot insert A/V from a TV program with anomalous synchronized signals,
such as when the program itself received poor signals.
Example recording from a VCR
1. Connect the camera to the VCR.
2. Prepare the VCR and TV.
• Set the TV/Video selector on the television to Video. For further details, see
"Connections for Playback on a TV Screen" on p. 28.
• Turn on the VCR and load a recorded cassette.
• See your TV and VCR instruction manuals for details.
3. Turn the camera's POWER dial to VCR and load a recorded
• Make sure the REC/SAVE tab on the cassette has been slid to REC (closed