Recording in Progressive Scan Mode (Digital Motor Drive)
In Progressive Scan Mode, the ELURA2/ELURA2 MC's Digital Motor Drive
records 30 full frame images per second, continuously, for superior quality
frames. Use Progressive Scan Mode for fast moving scenes and moments that are
hard to capture just taking a still photo. Check your tennis or golf swing, for
example, or capture the smile of a baby. ELURA2: You can then record selected
still images onto a floppy disk with the Floppy Disk Still Image Recorder FR-100
(optional) and easily transfer them to a personal computer for print out, making
personalized postcards, calendars, etc. ELURA2 MC only: If you plan on copying
still images to a MultiMediaCard later, we recommend recording in Progressive
1. Set the POWER dial lock lever to the 2 2 2 2 position.
2. Turn the POWER dial to P.SCAN.
• The power indicator lights up red.
• PRO.SCAN appears in the display.
3. Press the start/stop button to begin recording.
When you finish recording, return the lock lever to the
• Progressive scan video may appear slightly jerky during normal playback.
Some recording conditions may be more suitable for MOVIE than P. SCAN.
• The camera will turn itself off if you leave it in record pause mode for more
than about 5 minutes. To return to record pause mode, set the POWER dial to
OFF and then back to P. SCAN.