Setting the Date and Time
The date and/or time display forms part of the data code. You can choose to
display or hide it during playback (
Set the date and time display when you first start using your camera. Install the
backup battery before you begin (
• Before you start setting the date and time, select your home time zone from the
Setting the time zone/daylight saving time
R E C
1. Open the menu and select SYSTEM.
2. Select T.ZONE/DST.
• The time zone display appears on the screen.
• Your camcorder's time zone is factory-preset to New York. If you are at
another time zone, select your time zone first and daylight saving time
(DST) setting if necessary.
3. Move up or down the list of time zones with the SELECT dial.
Select the option that represents your time zone.
• If you are now in daylight saving time, select the time zone with the
daylight saving time mark C next to the area.
4. Close the menu.