Recording an Image from a Cassette as a Still Image
-ELURA2 MC only-
Record an image from a cassette onto a MultiMediaCard. To automatically record
multiple still images from a cassette to a MultiMedia Card, refer to "Copying Still
Images from a Cassette" on p.109.
• For highest image quality, we recommend using an image recorded in
Progressive Scan mode (
• The still image's data code will show the date and time it was originally
recorded on the cassette.
1. Play back the cassette.
2. When the image you want to record appears in the display, press
the PHOTO button halfway down and hold it.
• The tape is set to playback pause mode and the number of images that can
still be recorded on the MultiMediaCard appears in the display.
• The display appears to close for an instant as if it were a shutter releasing
(except when you are operating the multi-image screen).
3. Press the PHOTO button fully down to record the image to the
• You can also set the cassette to playback pause mode in step 1 and record the
image with only 1 full press of the PHOTO button.
• If you record an image onto a MultiMediaCard that was originally recorded in
the 16:9 mode for widescreen TV's, the image will appear to be vertically
• The shutter sound does not sound in VCR mode.
Press the PHOTO
button fully down