Loading a Cassette
OPEN / EJECT
OPEN / EJECT
Only use videocassettes marked with the D logo.*
Loading and unloading
1. Make sure that you have attached a power source.
2. Slide the OPEN / EJECT 5 switch upwards to release the cassette
• Pull the cover fully open (while holding the button upwards) and wait a
couple of seconds for the cassette compartment to open automatically.
• The confirmation beep sounds when the cassette cover fully opens.
3. Load or unload the cassette.
• Insert the cassette gently with the window facing out, and the REC/SAVE
tab on the lower outer corner.
• Remove the cassette by pulling it straight out.
4. Press the P mark on the compartment until it clicks, and wait
for it to close.
5. Click the cover back into place.
* D is a trade mark.
• After loading a cassette, use record search (
want to start recording.
• Do not interfere with the cassette compartment while it is opening or closing
automatically, or attempt to close the cover.
• Be careful not to get your fingers caught in the cassette compartment cover.
• Do not leave the cassette in the camera after use — return it to its case and store
it in a cool, clean, dry place.
• When you turn the camera's power on, v flashes in the display until you load a
• With some types of tapes, the remaining tape display may not give an accurate
52) to find the point where you