Powering Your Camcorder
Before operating your camera, you will need to use the power adapter to:
Provide power from an AC outlet
Charge a battery pack
• The power adapter converts current from a household power socket (100–240 V
AC, 50/60 Hz) to the DC current used by your camera.
• If the adapter is used next to a TV, it may cause bars to appear on the TV —
move the adapter away from the TV or the antenna cable.
Connecting the camera to an AC outlet
Use the power adapter to provide your camera with instant power from an AC
outlet. Always turn the camera off before connecting/removing the power source.
1. Insert the DC coupler's terminals into the camera and press the
other end until it clicks into place.
2. Connect the power cable to the adapter.
3. Plug the power cable into an AC outlet.
4. Connect the DC coupler to the adapter.
5. Remove the DC coupler from the camera after use, then disconnect
it from the adapter. Then unplug the power cable from the AC
outlet and disconnect it from the adapter.
• Press the BATT. release button and remove the coupler.