Searching the Tape (Photo Search/Date Search)
This allows you to move quickly through still pictures recorded anywhere on a
tape (photo search) or between different days or areas of recording (date search)
on a tape.
1. Press the SEARCH SELECT button to choose between photo/date
• PHOTO SEARCH or DATE SEARCH is shown in the display for 4
2. Press the - and + buttons to move backwards or forwards
through the still pictures or between different days of recording.
• Press once to move to the start of the previous/next still picture or day on
• You can press more than once to move to the corresponding still picture or
day (up to a maximum of 10 times), e.g. press the + button 5 times to
move forward 5 still pictures or days.
• PHOTO SEARCH/DATE SEARCH appears in the middle of the display
alongside the - or + mark and number to search through. The recording
mode is also shown (SP/LP).
• Press 3 (stop) to stop mid-search.
• If you begin a search very close to the start of a recorded still picture during
photo search, the camera may skip straight past it.
• When you have set the area for the World Clock, date search also looks for the
change in date based on the adjusted time.
• A date/area cannot be identified if the total recording time on that day/area was
less than 1 minute.
• Date search playback may start just before or after the beginning of the located
• If the data code is not displayed correctly you will not be able to operate the
date search correctly.