Selecting the audio mode
ELURA2/ELURA2 MC can record sound on a tape in two audio modes — 16 bit
and 12 bit. The 16 bit mode produces the higher sound quality (slightly superior
to CD) while the 12 bit mode records on two channels (stereo 1), leaving 2
channels free (stereo 2) for you to add new sound at a later date.
To switch to the 16 bit mode, open the menu and select VCR SET UP. Then
select AUDIO MODE, set it to 16 bit and close the menu.
• "16 bit" is shown in the display for approximately 4 seconds.
• For details on adding new sound, see p. 88.
• For details of playing back a tape that has new sound on stereo 2, see p. 91.
• When you record to the ELURA2/ELURA2 MC from a camcorder with DV
terminal outputs, the audio mode display becomes set to "– – –."
External microphone and headphones
For greater creative control over audio recording, you can connect an external
microphone to the camera via the DU-300 Docking Unit's MIC terminal.
Attach the microphone to the optional SA-1 Adapter Bracket.
1. Attach the microphone to the adapter bracket.
• Extend the adapter bracket open until it locks.
2. Attach the adapter bracket to the docking unit.
3. Connect the microphone.