You can monitor the sound while recording and playing back by attaching stereo
headphones to the H terminal on the docking unit.
You can adjust the volume of attached headphones by turning the SELECT dial.
• A VOLUME bar appears in the display to indicate the current volume. The
volume level is the same regardless of mode.
• The SELECT dial also controls the speaker volume once you remove the
headphones from the headphone socket (
• The levels you adjust for the built-in speaker and headphones are memorized
separately. The camera remembers your levels even if you turn the camera off
and back on again.
The camera has an automatic wind screen to prevent wind noise from interfering
with the sound track of a tape. As a rule, use the wind screen when recording
outdoors. Make sure it's off when recording indoors, where there is no wind to
affect your recording.
To turn it off, open the menu and select VCR SET UP. Then select WIND
SCREEN, set it to OFF and close the menu.
• WS | is shown in the display when you turn the wind screen off.
• When the wind screen is on, some low sounds are cut out along with the sound
of the wind.
• The wind screen can be used for audio dubbing with the built-in microphone as
well as recording.
• The wind screen does not operate with an external microphone. The WIND
SCREEN menu options disappear ("– – –") when an external microphone is
connected to the MIC terminal (on the DU-300). Note that WS | will not
appear in the display when an external microphone is attached.