The camcorder has a built-in speaker so you can review the sound track alongside
the picture during playback.
Adjust the speaker volume by turning the SELECT dial.
• Turn the SELECT dial up to increase the volume, and down to lower the
• A VOLUME bar appears in the display to indicate the current volume. It
disappears in 4 seconds.
• You can turn off the volume completely by turning the SELECT dial down until
• You can also adjust the headphone volume separately from the built-in speaker.
(Use the DU-300 Docking Unit to connect the headphones, p.65.)
• The levels you adjust for the built-in speaker and headphones are memorized
separately. The camera remembers your levels even if you turn the camera off
and back on again.
• The speaker turns off when the camera is set to any mode other than VCR or
when you use headphones.
• Sometimes audio may sound distorted when the volume is turned up high. If
this happens, turn down the volume.