Playing Back a Cassette
You can use the LCD screen for instant, on-the-spot playback. The camera also
plays back the sound track via the built-in speaker (
• When you play back a tape, you can also close the LCD panel with its screen
side facing up. Operate the camera with the wireless controller when the LCD
panel is in this position.
• When you're using the viewfinder to view playback, close the LCD panel.
To play back your recordings on a TV, see p. 28.
To use the wireless controller, see p. 42.
• To avoid accidental recording, make sure that you slide the tab on the cassette
so that it exposes the hole (the switch position is usually labeled SAVE or
1. Attach a power source and turn the POWER dial to VCR.
• The power indicator lights up green.
2. Load the cassette.
3. Press the e e (play) button to start playback.
• To end playback, press the 3 (stop) button.
• To wind the tape forwards, stop playback and press the 1 (fast forward)
• To wind the tape backwards, stop playback and press the ` (rewind)
• If the playback picture is rough (mosaic-like noise), clean the video heads
using a Canon DVM-CL Digital Video Head Cleaning Cassette or a
commercially available digital video head cleaning cassette.