Preparing the Camera
Adjust the viewfinder
• Turn the POWER dial to MOVIE mode.
Extend the viewfinder straight out, then
adjust the viewfinder focusing lever to
suit your eyesight.
• The viewfinder extends straight out for
comfortable viewing. Store the camera
with the viewfinder flush with the body
of the camera.
• To view with the viewfinder, make sure
the LCD panel is either turned so that the
subject can monitor viewing, or totally
closed with the screen facing inwards.
Prepare the lens cap
• Attach the cord to the lens cap, and
pass the grip belt through the loop on
• Hook the lens cap on to the grip belt
while you are recording, and place it
over the lens when you have finished.
Fasten the grip belt
• Release the Velcro fastening and hold
the camera with your right hand while
you adjust the belt with your left.
Your index finger should reach the
zoom control and photo button, and
your thumb should reach the start/stop
• When holding the camera, be sure to
avoid touching the lens and the
Be careful not to leave the viewfinder exposed to bright sunlight, or it will
melt. (The light is concentrated by the viewfinder lens.) When not using the
viewfinder, return it to its retracted position.