Searching and Reviewing While Recording
When the camera is in record pause
mode, you can use record search to
play the tape forwards or backwards to
find the point where you want to start
or restart recording. This is useful when
you want to add a new scene to a
previously used cassette. By using
record search, you can ensure a smooth,
noise-free join between the new scene
and the old one.
1. Make sure the camera is in record pause mode.
2. Press in the select dial to open the program menu (p. 36).
• If the camera is set to [ (Easy Recording), you will enter record search
3. Turn the select dial to select REC SEARCH.
4. Press in the select dial to enter record search mode.
• The record search options appear on the screen:
Turn the select dial upwards to search forwards (line up the arrow with the +
mark). Turn the dial downwards to search backwards (line up the arrow with
the - mark). When the arrow is at the center, the tape is stopped.
• The camera returns to record pause mode automatically after approximately
6 seconds when you are not searching the tape.
5. Press in the select dial to leave record search mode
• The camera returns to record pause mode.
• You cannot set record search while the camera is in mirror mode (with the LCD
screen facing the same direction as the lens), or without a tape loaded.