Adjusting Focus Manually
The camera can focus automatically. All you have to do is point it, and whatever is
in the center of the display will usually be in sharp focus. If it does not seem to be
focusing well, it may be because the subject is not suitable for autofocus.
You can use the manual focusing function for more control over focusing.
R E C
Press the FOCUS button to turn off
autofocus. The focus remains locked at
the point set by autofocus.
(eM.FOCUS appears in the display.)
You can now adjust the focus manually
with the SELECT dial. Press the
FOCUS button again when you want to
return to autofocus.
• If you zoom in on your subject after
turning off autofocus, it may not stay
in focus. It is generally best to adjust
the zoom first, and then the focus.
R E C
Use the SELECT dial to set the focus.
• Turn the SELECT dial downward to
move the focus farther away.
• Turn the SELECT dial upwards to
bring the focus nearer.
• You cannot adjust the focus without the e mark before M.FOCUS in the
display. Push the FOCUS button so that e appears before M.FOCUS. Then you
can adjust the focus manually.
• The manual focus setting is canceled if you select the [ (Easy Recording)
• When you are using the [ (Easy Recording) program, autofocus cannot be
• See "Troubleshooting" on p. 124 for a list of subjects which may not be suitable