10× optical zoom
The camera's 10× zoom lens allows you to choose the best picture angle for each
• Move the zoom control towards W to zoom out to wide-angle.
• Move it towards T to zoom in to telephoto.
You can also control the speed of zooming:
• Move the control slightly to zoom slowly.
• Move it farther to zoom more quickly. (The farther you move the zoom control,
the faster the zoom speed.)
The T and W buttons on the wireless controller adjust the picture angle, but not
the zoom speed.
40× digital zoom
Magnifies the camera's zoom range by up to 4×.
The zoom control continues to work as usual. You can freely zoom in and out
between 1× and 40× magnification — the camera automatically switches between
optical zooming (up to 10×) and digital zooming (10× to 40×). A zoom bar shows
up in the display. The digital zoom area is in blue.
R E C
To turn the digital zoom off, open the menu and select CAM.SET UP. Then
select D.ZOOM, set it to OFF and close the menu.
• When zooming, as a rule, keep at least 3 ft 3
subject. However when the zoom is at the wide-angle position, you can focus
on a subject as close as
• Image resolution is slightly lower when the magnification is greater than 10×.
• You cannot use digital zoom when the multi-image screen is set. The display
becomes "– – –".
in (1 cm).
in (1 m) between you and your