SERVO OFF nTH AXIS
Control axis (axis motion under control) can be set to "Servo OFF" (i.e., servo motor remains still).
In servo OFF condition, positioning control is impossible but the position detect function is alive.
Each control axis is provided with this signal. The last numeric of signal name indicates No. of
1 : 1st axis in "Servo OFF"
2 : 2nd axis in "Servo OFF"
14 :14th axis in "Servo OFF"
When servo OFF signal (*SVn) turns OFF, the corresponding control axis is set to servo OFF
Whether displacement which was caused during servo OFF by external force is corrected when
"Servo ON" signal is given, or not, can be determined by setting parameter.
(1) When displacement is corrected (follow-up) ...
• An amount of motion equal to the displacement is commanded so that positioning error
• In this case, machine position remains deviated from in-position when servo OFF signal is
The current position read by position counter is corrected and the machine position is
corrected when the next absolute motion command is given ("manual absolute" signal (ABS)
is turned ON when manual operation is selected).
(2) When displacement is not corrected ...
• In this case, machine position should be corrected when servo OFF signal is restored.
Example) Servo-OFF during motion
Servo OFF (*SVFn)
Servo ready nth axis
Servo turns OFF after deceleration and stopping during axis motion.
*2, 3: Controller internal interlock by servo OFF (axis motion not possible)
These signals are all handled as B contacts.
6. EXPLANATION OF INTERFACE SIGNALS
6.3 PLC Output Signals (Bit Type: Y***)