Step 4. Additional System Verification
The checkout programs end with either the TESTING COMPLETE menu and a message
stating No trouble was found or the A PROBLEM WAS DETECTED ON (Time
stamp) menu with an SRN.
1. Press Enter to return to the DIAGNOSTIC SELECTION menu.
2. If you want to check other resources, select the resource from the list displayed on your
terminal. When you have checked all of the resources you need to check, go to Step 5.
Step 5. Stopping the Diagnostics
1. If you are running the diagnostics from removable media, go to substep 2. If diagnostics
are being run from disk or LAN, the system first should be shut down using the following
a. Continue to press F3 until you get to the DIAGNOSTIC OPERATING
b. Press F3 once and follow the displayed instructions to shut down Version 4 of the
2. Set the key mode switch to the Normal position.
3. If you changed any attributes on your tty terminal to run the diagnostic programs, change
the settings back to normal.
4. This completes the system verification. Report the SRN to the service organization if you
received one. To do a normal IPL, turn off the system unit and wait 30 seconds; then, set
the power switch of the system unit to On.
Using the System Verification Procedure