Display BUMP Error Log
Use this option to view the BUMP firmware error log.
1. Enter 1 in the MAINTENANCE MENU to select this option. The contents of the logging
buffer are displayed as shown in the following screen:
EVENT # 1:
SELECT [+:forward event or x:exit]:
2. Use the + and – keys to scroll events on the screen forward and backward, respectively.
3. Press x to exit and return to the main menu.
Enable Service Console
Use this command to enable remote service support on the S2 line by setting the Remote
Authorization flag. Only the local operator can perform this command.
When this flag is enabled, remote service support is possible and all characters sent on line
S1 or line S2 are also sent on the other line.
Enter 2 in the MAINTENANCE MENU to enable the Remote Authorization flag.
Disable Service Console
Use this command to prevent remote service support by disabling the Remote Authorization
flag. This can be performed as a security measure, for example.
Enter 3 in the MAINTENANCE MENU to disable the Remote Authorization flag.
This command simulates the reset action. You can use this command instead of pressing
the Reset button on the operator panel (OP).
1. Enter 4 in the MAINTENANCE MENU.
2. Confirm your action, when requested. The system is restarted from scratch, meaning that
a new initial program load (IPL) will be run.
This command forces an immediate system power off. It is run only after the operator
confirms the action.
1. Enter 5 in the MAINTENANCE MENU.
2. Confirm your action when requested. The system powers off immediately.
DISPLAY BUMP ERROR LOG