Setting Fast IPL through the Maintenance Menu
1. Enter the MAINTENANCE MENU.
2. Enter 8 to select the SET PARAMETERS menu.
3. Enter 4 from the SET PARAMETERS menu to select the MISCELLANEOUS
4. Option 3 in this menu should show the current status of the Fast IPL flag. If it is disabled,
simply enter 3, and the flag is changed to enabled.
Fast IPL is now enabled and will last one reboot.
Setting Fast IPL through AIX
1. Log into AIX as user root .
2. Type in the following command to find the index of the Fast IPL flag and also the current
Following is the output of the command:
Set Mode to Normal When Booting
Electronic Mode Switch from Service Line
Boot Multi–User AIX in Service
Power On Tests in Trace Mode
Power On Tests in Loop Mode
3. The index is number 11, and, generally, the current value is zero (0), which means
4. Type the following command to change the status of the Fast IPL flag to enabled:
mpcfg –cf 11 1
Where 11 is the index and 1 the value itself; c is for change and f for diagnostics flags.
5. Type the following command just to verify the flag is changed: